Do you know if IOP visits can be billed for telehealth?

nwhite123

Contributor
Best answers
Do you know if IOP visits (S9480) can be billed for telehealth? If they can, what modifier should be used, 95 or GT.

Thank you!

MJ4ever

Guru
Best answers
Do you know if IOP visits (S9480) can be billed for telehealth? If they can, what modifier should be used, 95 or GT.

Thank you!
There is a list of Telemedicine Services Codes in Appendix F in the CPT book, mine is page 636. It lists all CPT codes that you are able to code with modifier 95. It has no HCPCS codes. I wouldn't think S9480 would qualify because it is a day code where a patient needs to be in a group setting for at least 9 hours per week.

nwhite123

Contributor
Best answers
There is a list of Telemedicine Services Codes in Appendix F in the CPT book, mine is page 636. It lists all CPT codes that you are able to code with modifier 95. It has no HCPCS codes. I wouldn't think S9480 would qualify because it is a day code where a patient needs to be in a group setting for at least 9 hours per week.
Thank you!

nwhite123

Contributor
Best answers
Can you tell me if the CPT G0410 can be used as a replacement code for the S9480? We provide IOP services but with COVID they cannot be done in person and are being held via telehealth and we are trying to find an appropriate code to bill for this. Thank you so much for any assistance and guidance you can give me.

SharonCollachi

True Blue
Best answers
If the patients are not at a facility during the day, then they are not in partial hospitalization, so the G code is not appropriate. What exactly are you all doing for the patients?