Don't let your certification lapse!

Pam Brooks

True Blue
Local Chapter Officer
NAB Member
Best answers
I have an opening for a per-diem coding assistant in my department (in Dover, NH). I had a great application.....this person had attended a coding/billing course, had data entry experience, was willing to work part-time, and according to the resume, was a CPC-A.

When I contacted the applicant for an interview, I learned that the coding certification had lapsed. Now I can't interview this person, because our hospital requires coding certification as a job requirement.

If you have to beg, borrow, or steal....keep up your certification, because it is fast becoming a job requirement for a lot of employers.

TjH111964

Networker
Best answers
Wow, no wonder I haven't received any calls from hospitals! I have seen where one hospital said a person would have to receive his/her certification within 6 months of hiring, though, and do it on their own time. ( I didn't apply to that one though because it was 60 miles away) Thanks for the heads up!

ealasaid76

Networker
Best answers
Per Diem isn't Part Time...

It's whenever they can fit you in and have time to work with you, correct? I would love to apply for that position you posted, but I need to earn money and I need a Full Time job. Any chance this could be Full Time, if not enough candidates apply?