Wiki Drug Test 80307 Location Question

jennipapp

Best answers
Hello,

I work for a pain management group that has 6 locations. Unfortunately these location are right on the border of two states. All drug screens (80307) are sent to one location for the test to be ran and the results are sent back to the requesting location/provider... I'm finding that one state Medicaid plan is denying the drug screen because when we bill for the screening we are showing the location that is out of state on the billing form, and that site is not credentialed with the other state's Medicaid plan.

My question is...despite where the test is ran...it is all the same practice. The test is being requested and collected in the correct Medicaid state and when the results are sent, the requesting provider reads the report. We are not using an outside lab for any of this. Shouldn't the drug screen be billed with our in state medicaid plan location, since the specimen was collected there and the results were read there?

If anyone has any links to directives on how to bill drug screenings in practice multi state locations and the correct way to bill these, it would be greatly appreciated.

~Jennifer P.