• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ & read the forum rules. To view all forums, post or create a new thread, you must be an AAPC Member. If you are a member and have already registered for member area and forum access, you can log in by clicking here. If you've forgotten your username or password use our password reminder tool. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below..
  • Important Note: We will be performing a scheduled maintenance on 1st November 2020. The site will be offline from 7:30PM (MT) till midnight. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

DX code for Bladder Prolapse

Orthocoderpgu

True Blue
Best answers
I have looked up the codes for this, but the codes don't seem to really describe this condition. 618.01 is for the vaginal walls, not the bladder. 756.71 is for a disorder of the abdominal walls. Is one of these codes correct for urinarry bladder prolapse?

Anna Weaver

True Blue
Best answers
bladder prolapse

For female, I get 618.01 (cystocele, midline) or 618.02 (cystocele, lateral) depending on whether the defect is lateral or medial. For male, I get 596.8 disorder of bladder. I started with prolapse and then went to bladder. If it's congenital look at 756.71 male or female.