Wiki DX for cosmetic breast implants-Doctor has used

coderguy1939

Best answers
Doctor is has used hypomastia for the diagnosis for what appears to be cosmetic breast implants (this is a self-pay acct). The only diagnosis code that I can find for hypomastia is a congenital disorder. I'm leaning towards 611.8. Any other input or opionions would be welcome.

I had considered that as well, but does the doctor need to clarify that this surgery is cosmetic? All I have to go by is that this is a self-pay account.

Under the V50.1 it states "breast augmentation or reduction", therefore I would not require him to use the word "cosmetic"

I would prefer to use 611.8 and V50.1 both together. Surgeon should specify that it is a congenital hypomastia otherwise "if not documented not done" policy applies.

Thank You

response to dx for cosmetic breast implants

I would use 757.6 and v50.1

Doctor is has used hypomastia for the diagnosis for what appears to be cosmetic breast implants (this is a self-pay acct). The only diagnosis code that I can find for hypomastia is a congenital disorder. I'm leaning towards 611.8. Any other input or opionions would be welcome.

Thank you all for your responses. I think the real issue for me is what is not in the op report. The only indication that this might be an elective surgery for cosmetic purposes is that the account is self pay. The doctor is using a DX that could mean a congenital disorder and the patient could be paying for the surgery because they don't have insurance.