Wiki E codes

kumeena

True Blue
Best answers
Dr documented toe lesion and refer the patient to Podiatry and Vascular clinic. He coded 893.0 (Opn wound).

On Exam he documented under foot "lesion" with some discharge. He does not mention anything uder "skin/Integumentary"

This is not trauma patient? To use 8XX codes I need E code along with it.

What is the correct code for clian submission?

Thank you

Dr documented toe lesion and refer the patient to Podiatry and Vascular clinic. He coded 893.0 (Opn wound).

On Exam he documented under foot "lesion" with some discharge. He does not mention anything uder "skin/Integumentary"

Thank you

You can use the E code E000.9 Unspecified external cause status.

To use a code from the 893.x category it must be documented as an injury, the chapter you are in is for injury and poisoning, if the chapter does not fit the documentation then the code is also incorrect. You need more information, is anything else documented?

To use a code from the 893.x category it must be documented as an injury, the chapter you are in is for injury and poisoning, if the chapter does not fit the documentation then the code is also incorrect. You need more information, is anything else documented?

No. Nothing else documented other than lesion.

Thank you

Thank you

Sounds like this needs to go back to the provider for clarification. You can let the provider know the code 893.0 assumes an injury and the injury is not documented. If it is not due to an injury then you need more information about the lesion, how big, exact location, cause (if known), etc.