Wiki EHR advice - seeking recommendations for billing only EMR for inpatient billing service

asilberman

Best answers
Hi All,

I am planning to transition to in-house billing for our group of over 125 providers. We currently outsource billing to a vendor which has not worked well. I am seeking advice on what billing EMR to use as we don't need to use any documentation or scheduling portion. Does anyone have any experience or suggestions and reasons why you prefer one over the other?

Sincerely,

Aaron S.

I would strongly recommend you use whatever billing software is fully integrated with your EHR system. While you certainly can use different systems, when it is fully integrated it makes so many things easier. My personal opinion is that I would rather use my fifth choice of billing software if it meant the scheduling, documentation, and billing were all part of the same system. Currently I use about 6 different computer systems daily and I feel half my day is spent simply looking up the same patient in multiple systems and hinders productivity of my staff. When I want specific data or reports, I have to sometimes piecemeal it from 3 different systems.
In a practice with over 125 providers, it really could make a difference in the amount of employees needed.
I would absolutely first reach out to my scheduling/EHR vendor to find out about the billing portion in your existing system.

I agree with csperoni. But if existing EHR does not have integrated, and full featured billing system then review your entire system. Most of the EHRs have those capabilities.