Wiki EKG and NP

Best answers
I work for a cardiologist office that uses nurse practitioners for OV. The NP sees the pt however an EKG is done at that time. I bill the OV under the NP but since he doesn't read the EKG I cannot bill for it under him. Does anyone have any ideas as to how to bill this correctly? If we bill under the Dr for the EKG and the NP for the OV the EKG goes on a seperate claim and gets denied. Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Jessica CPC CPC-H CPC-P;)

You should actually be billing the EKG under the doctor who interprets it. We have the same scenarios. Patient sees the NP, EKG is done, doctor reads it. We bill the office visit under the NP and the EKG under the interpretting provider. What type of denials are getting on these? We really don't have any issues with denials for this.
Hope this helps !! :)

We have been getting lots of denials saying claim is not paid separately. Do you bill for the whole 93000 code or just the intrep code of 93010? I was wondering if the intrep is better because they don't see the pt. They just read the EKG. What happens when we bill for the OV and the EKG it splits our claims. Any help would be appreciated

Thanks,
Jessica