Wiki electronic claim/direct deposit?

Jfrank

Best answers
We received notification from an insurance company about a month ago, that if we submit our claims electronically, then we have to accept direct deposit payments electronically also. They will no longer send paper checks or send E.O.B.'s we will have to download and print them ourselves.
That's all fine, but now we are being told every insurance company we bill electronically is now requiring the same thing, meaning the Dr is going to have to contact every insurance company we bill electronically to give them their banking information to have all checks deposited electronically. This is all supposed to be done by 10/16/10. If it's not done by the 16, I guess they are going to hold the money until it is set up. Has anyone else heard about this? If this is the case, no insurance company we bill electronically is going print paper checks or send EOB's?? What if the Dr doesn't want that many different companies having his/her banking information. Can they really make them accept direct deposit? Help...:confused:

I was just told this is an Ohio regulation if that helps answer this. I can find nothing so far on my own..Thank You

Last edited: