EPIC - Is anyone using EPIC

bill2doc

Expert
Best answers
Is anyone using the software EPIC ? My provider is looking into using it for EHR and possible billing. I would use it for billing, is anyone using it. Please feel free to forward me any comments or concerns PLEASE !!!!

Lynn

JenniferCalma

Contributor
Best answers
Is anyone using the software EPIC ? My provider is looking into using it for EHR and possible billing. I would use it for billing, is anyone using it. Please feel free to forward me any comments or concerns PLEASE !!!!

Lynn
Ive used it before and it is user friendly. It has 3M with coding clinic, Faye brown, AHA coding ,cMS.

Henna

New
Best answers
I'm a coding consultant and routinely use EPIC to access electronic medical records at various hospitals. I feel it's user-friendly & easy to maneuver. They're a big company, so trouble-shooting should be easier if problems do arise. Hope this helps!

klthompson

Contributor
Best answers
I also agree. EPIC is probably the best EHR system. My former employer used EPIC and it is by far the best. All the other systems I have used fail in comparison.

dstuber

Best answers
I've used EPIC in 2 different physician ambulatory practices. The clinical EHR/EMR aspect is great. I would NOT recommend the billing component. The one we had/have is a custom build by practice. Very proprietary, can't add any insurance carriers, CPT, ICD9. Not user friendly at all. A lot of redundancies. If you lose or gain an employee you have to wait for training thru EPIC which leaves you dead in the water. The practice I am currently with is pulling out. Reports are very complex and they are not able to build what we need. We are in So. CA. SUPPORT IS TERRIBLE on the financial side!!! Hope this helps.

mburke81

Networker
Best answers
NOT recommended on the billing side for the same reasons, Very time consuming and still do not have much control over any reports, which use a lot of paper. Claims are slower at getting out because everything goes thru 3to 4 worques prior to going out. Registration, wow We had to hire another person because it takes so long to register, post payments etc...

k060542

New
Best answers
Epic training.

I did used EPIC while employed at Kaiser Permanente, however, I retired and would like to join the workforce again, but would like to get some information on where I can take a crash course on it. It's been a while.

Thank you,

Carlos Ortiz, CPC
(323) 481-2779