Wiki excision hook of hamate

scooter1

Expert
Best answers
Need help. This is the first time I have had this one.....

he did excision hook of hamate right wrist with exploration motor branch ulnar nerve

I am looking at three possibilities :

I am thinking 25210. Would appreciate suggestions ?

hook of hamate excision

I know this is an old thread...but might help someone else...I would bill 25645.

Encoder says "The physician performs open treatment of a fracture of the carpal bone. Only some carpal bones are treated with open procedures. For hook of the hamate fractures, the physician makes an incision over the ulnar aspect of the wrist. The fracture is reduced and fixed with Kirschner wires, or the hook is excised."

25210 would be if they removed the whole Hamate or one of the other carpal bones.

S. West
CPC, CBP

hook of hamate excision

I know this is an old thread...but might help someone else...I would bill 25645.

Encoder says "The physician performs open treatment of a fracture of the carpal bone. Only some carpal bones are treated with open procedures. For hook of the hamate fractures, the physician makes an incision over the ulnar aspect of the wrist. The fracture is reduced and fixed with Kirschner wires, or the hook is excised."

25210 would be if they removed the whole Hamate or one of the other carpal bones.

S. West
CPC, CBP
Thank you! yes, very helpful.