Wiki Experience needed!!

Best answers
Hello!! First time posting. :)

I recently passed my cpc exam in December. I am now a CPC-A :D. The only downside is I cant find a job!! Most of the positions require you have previous experience in the field. The bad part is the school I completed the program does not have an "ex tern" program for the medical billing and coding students. Although I'm super excited about my certification, I feel like I just lost out on a great opportunity to gain field experience! If anyone has any suggestions I would greatly appreciate any feed back!!! Thanks for reading!! :D

Hello!! First time posting. :)

I recently passed my cpc exam in December. I am now a CPC-A :D. The only downside is I cant find a job!! Most of the positions require you have previous experience in the field. The bad part is the school I completed the program does not have an "ex tern" program for the medical billing and coding students. Although I'm super excited about my certification, I feel like I just lost out on a great opportunity to gain field experience! If anyone has any suggestions I would greatly appreciate any feed back!!! Thanks for reading!! :D

There are a bunch of other forum threads with lots of great advice. The biggest piece of advice for all new coders with no experience...don't focus on a coding job..look for any entry level job that will get your foot in the door of a medical office or facility, then show them what you know. Be willing to accept entry level receptionist, file clerk, billing office, any front office position. If there is a non-profit clinic in your area that uses volunteers, go work for them with any spare hours you have. It will take a while to develop the skills needed to get to that dream coding job.

Thanks!!

Thank-you for clarifying that for me. I have been applying to such positions just to get my foot in the door. I had this feeling that it was a waste of time!! I continue my search everyday. I will definitely look into volunteer work as well. That is a great idea!!! Again, thank you!!!!! I now feel I am putting myself on the right track in hopes to have a great job in my field!!! :)

Another thing that could help is to fill out your forum profile. That way people reading your posts would know where you are located.