Female wart treatment - I am looking for a code

CPT Codes for Warts of the Vulva
56501 Destruction of lesion(s), vulva; simple, any methods
56515 extensive, any method

Ahartzell

I am confused as we have an email through the AAPC forum from Melanie Witt regarding this. We use TCA which is trichloracetic acid to treat veneral warts of the vulva and vagina. Melanie advised through this forum in 2007 the appropriate coding was an evaluation and management code. I too agree that when using a topical chemo agent the correct code are the 56501-56515- or 57061-57065 depending on genital site. Please advise or clarify.
Thanks

I am confused as we have an email through the AAPC forum from Melanie Witt regarding this. We use TCA which is trichloracetic acid to treat veneral warts of the vulva and vagina. Melanie advised through this forum in 2007 the appropriate coding was an evaluation and management code. I too agree that when using a topical chemo agent the correct code are the 56501-56515- or 57061-57065 depending on genital site. Please advise or clarify.
Thanks

UMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM this procedure would not fall under an E&M code. Now, if you were removing sutures, of course. BUT, a PROCEDURE was done. It is NOT included in the E&M. If you a separately identifiable E&M, you can code the E&M with modifier 25 plus the procedure code. I have no clue who Melanie Witt is, but that information is absolutely incorrect that she gave you. Hope this helps.

A topical chemical treatment would be 17110/17111. TCA is a chemical treatment. 56501 involves the use of a colposcope to destroy internal lesions by laser, fulguration or cryosurgery.