Wiki Female wart treatment - I am looking for a code

Community Wiki

This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on AAPC for 30 days and have made 5 posts. Learn More
G
Code: A63.0

Code Name: ICD-10 Code for Anogenital (venereal) warts

Block: Infections with a predominantly sexual mode of transmission (A50-A64)

Excludes 1:human immunodeficiency virus [HIV] disease (B20)
nonspecific and nongonococcal urethritis (N34.1)

Reiter's disease (M02.3-)

Details: Anogenital (venereal) warts

Anogenital warts due to (human) papillomavirus [HPV]
Condyloma acuminatum

A63

Excludes2: molluscum contagiosum (B08.1)

papilloma of cervix (D26.0)

Guidelines: Certain infectious and parasitic diseases (A00-B99)

Excludes 2: carrier or suspected carrier of infectious disease (Z22.-)
infectious and parasitic diseases complicating pregnancy, childbirth and the puerperium (O98.-)
infectious and parasitic diseases specific to the perinatal period (P35-P39)
influenza and other acute respiratory infections (J00-J22)

Excludes 1:certain localized infections - see body system-related chapters
Use additional code to identify resistance to antimicrobial drugs (Z16.-)

Includes: diseases generally recognized as communicable or transmissible

For more details on A63.0 , ICD-10 Code for Anogenital (venereal) warts , visit: https://coder.aapc.com/icd-10-codes/

akinsley

New
Best answers
Hello,

I am looking for a code that is for verrucal lesion in the labia menora. It is chemical treatment applied to the warts.

Thanks.

eadun2000

Expert
Best answers
Hello,

I am looking for a code that is for verrucal lesion in the labia menora. It is chemical treatment applied to the warts.

Thanks.
56501 for simple or 56515 for multiple or complicated destruction of extensive lesions. Hope this helps.

MJ4ever

Guru
Best answers
CPT Codes for Warts of the Vulva
56501 Destruction of lesion(s), vulva; simple, any methods
56515 extensive, any method

AnnetteH

Contributor
Best answers
Ahartzell

I am confused as we have an email through the AAPC forum from Melanie Witt regarding this. We use TCA which is trichloracetic acid to treat veneral warts of the vulva and vagina. Melanie advised through this forum in 2007 the appropriate coding was an evaluation and management code. I too agree that when using a topical chemo agent the correct code are the 56501-56515- or 57061-57065 depending on genital site. Please advise or clarify.
Thanks

eadun2000

Expert
Best answers
I am confused as we have an email through the AAPC forum from Melanie Witt regarding this. We use TCA which is trichloracetic acid to treat veneral warts of the vulva and vagina. Melanie advised through this forum in 2007 the appropriate coding was an evaluation and management code. I too agree that when using a topical chemo agent the correct code are the 56501-56515- or 57061-57065 depending on genital site. Please advise or clarify.
Thanks
UMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM this procedure would not fall under an E&M code. Now, if you were removing sutures, of course. BUT, a PROCEDURE was done. It is NOT included in the E&M. If you a separately identifiable E&M, you can code the E&M with modifier 25 plus the procedure code. I have no clue who Melanie Witt is, but that information is absolutely incorrect that she gave you. Hope this helps.

Bready

Guru
Best answers
A topical chemical treatment would be 17110/17111. TCA is a chemical treatment. 56501 involves the use of a colposcope to destroy internal lesions by laser, fulguration or cryosurgery.