Wiki Fluoroscopy of ball in cage valve

krisfelty

Best answers
Ok, this is a new one for me. One of my providers took a patient in to visualize the heart valve, Starr-Edwards ball in cage valve to be exact.
Here is what the procedure says:

Pt was brought back in the cath lab and draped. Pt was laid on the cath table and multiple images were obtained in multiple levels evaluating the valve. Procedure completed.

This was done as an outpatient at the hospital, valve was found to be functioning properly.

Any ideas... you cant just bill a fluoro by itself??

Thanks,

Kris Felty, CPC, CCC

Ok, this is a new one for me. One of my providers took a patient in to visualize the heart valve, Starr-Edwards ball in cage valve to be exact.
Here is what the procedure says:

Pt was brought back in the cath lab and draped. Pt was laid on the cath table and multiple images were obtained in multiple levels evaluating the valve. Procedure completed.

This was done as an outpatient at the hospital, valve was found to be functioning properly.

Any ideas... you cant just bill a fluoro by itself??

Thanks,

Kris Felty, CPC, CCC

I am thinking you should use 76000 which can be billed alone. Take a look at that. Not long ago I read about this but I tried to find the article and cannot. I will keep looking. Maybe someone else can confirm this is the correct code?

Theresa,

Thank You!! I am going to try that, there is absolutely nothing else I can see to use. I appreciate your help very much.

Kris