Wiki FP performing Consults?

MandyFlagg

Best answers
I have been stirring about this and I just cannot think of any examples where a Family practice doc would be billing a consult? I have a doc (who always has to "beat the system" in some way, shape or form) who all of the sudden wants to bill consults. I would think he would be the one sending his patients out for consults but he thinks I am crazy for saying that. Does anyone have an idea if/when he could, or even IF he could. I do not think so but i'm not right all the time!

Thanks

I have been stirring about this and I just cannot think of any examples where a Family practice doc would be billing a consult? I have a doc (who always has to "beat the system" in some way, shape or form) who all of the sudden wants to bill consults. I would think he would be the one sending his patients out for consults but he thinks I am crazy for saying that. Does anyone have an idea if/when he could, or even IF he could. I do not think so but i'm not right all the time!

Thanks

PCP's can only report consultations when they perform a pre-op clearance at the request of a surgeon.