Question fracture care and telehealth

Best answers
Good afternoon all,
Is there any general guidance when it comes to fracture care w/out manipulation and telehealth? For instance, provider is in the office setting, reviews x-ray from ED via Telehealth visit but wants to initiate global with a fracture treat code. Is this something a modifier can be applied or is fracture care not doable under Telehealth and only the E&M should be reported? Please advise. I have searched high and low for some guidance, and there I cannot locate any direct verbiage.

klbecker

Networker
Best answers
Good afternoon all,
Is there any general guidance when it comes to fracture care w/out manipulation and telehealth? For instance, provider is in the office setting, reviews x-ray from ED via Telehealth visit but wants to initiate global with a fracture treat code. Is this something a modifier can be applied or is fracture care not doable under Telehealth and only the E&M should be reported? Please advise. I have searched high and low for some guidance, and there I cannot locate any direct verbiage.
I am wondering the same thing about if we're able to bill fracture care under Telehealth.

thomas7331

True Blue
Best answers
Fracture care codes are not included in the services listed by CMS as acceptable telehealth services, and to the best of my knowledge no exception has been granted for these in the current public emergency temporary rules.