Wiki FRACTURE CARE & OFFICE VISIT Charge??

Kaitbohrer

Contributor
Best answers
I was feeling so confident with this until recently.

If I am charging FRACTURE CARE on a patient, can I charge an OFFICE VISIT as well? I always thought no.

Until recently I saw something that said YES for example 99214-57 + FXcare code. ??? is this OK?

This is an outpatient office setting we are talking about.

I was feeling so confident with this until recently.

If I am charging FRACTURE CARE on a patient, can I charge an OFFICE VISIT as well? I always thought no.

Until recently I saw something that said YES for example 99214-57 + FXcare code. ??? is this OK?

This is an outpatient office setting we are talking about.
Fracture care is no different than 20610 and you can bill an E/M with that. Your doctor has to evaluate, diagnose and identify the best treatment option for the patient. That supports an E/M.

If it is the initial visit for the fracture and the doctor has conducted and evaluation and management and documented it, then yes, code the 99213/4/5 with a 25 modifier and your appropriate fracture treatment code. Most payers include the casting into the treatment code, but you can bill for the supply. The 57 is not necessary, generally, that is used for major surgery and a closed fracture treatment does not fall into that category.