Free CEUs

Mary Baierl

Networker
Best answers
I did find it on the approved list. Do a search for university and you will come across E/M University, by Dr. Peter Jensen out of Sarasota, Florida, which is a match.

I am all for trying this out for free!!!!! Thank you for putting this out on the forum.

Mary :) :)

mrssnail

Guru
Local Chapter Officer
Best answers
Has anyone else noticed when you do the programs that the completion certificate has the same index number? The same large print title is on each certificate, under this in a smaller font (surrounded by parenthesis) is the name of the module you selected, and each certificate reflects the same index number. As they all have the same index number, can you really count 10 separate CEU's?

Last edited:

rthames052006

True Blue
Local Chapter Officer
Best answers
I was wondering the same thing to Michelle, after I did 3 of the modules I noticed the same thing to, maybe we can email the owner of the site and ask him.

Roxanne CPC

mrssnail

Guru
Local Chapter Officer
Best answers
Now why didn't I think of that, wow Mondays are rough. Ok, so I called the AAPC. There is no problem with the index number being the same, just make sure the title or subtitle is different, they are approved to offer the 10 CEU's. No worries it seems.

DENISENC

New
Best answers
Dncphx

HI, I know these post are old but I was directed to them when I asked a search question. So I went and searched the E/M University and I found the Dr. Peter Jensen you guys spoke of however I can not figure out how to access the lessions. They are all grey. Am I missing something? I am brand new at all this. It seems how to get CEUs that don't cost a fortune is one thing no one tells you how to do in class. Please help:confused:

Pathos

True Blue
Best answers
Link not any good.....
That's an old link and might not be helpful any longer. However, if you look on AAPC's CEU page, you will find a link to Free/Low Cost CEUs. AAPC offers quite a few freebies there. CMS and your local MAC are other avenues you may want to explore for freebies as well.

Pathos

True Blue
Best answers
need 50 CEU's free by this month end, pls help!!
My first question is, why did you wait to get your CEUs until your last month? 50 CEUs are quite a few, which would suggest you have several credentials and shouldn't be totally unfamiliar with the process.

That being said, I would start here:

https://www.aapc.com/medical-coding-education/

Get as many done as you can before your certification expires. You can also contact AAPC and ask for an extension (will cost you though):

May I have an extension to submit my CEUs?
Please note that AAPC will charge a $50 fee for CEU extensions. To avoid this fee please stay current on your CEUs and submit them on time. If a CEU extension is needed at the end of your renewal period, please contact AAPC to purchase your extension. CEUs earned after your due date will be limited to AAPC education.

You can also search for CMS/local MAC webinars, as they often have a bunch for free.

Good luck!