full echos


Best answers
Am I correct to bill 93307,26 , 93320,26, and 93325,26 for a full echo. They are done at the hospital so I need to bill only for the professional component.
Thanks, I'm new to cardiology billing
Agree with response by dpumford. You should report only the professional component of echocardiographic studies performed in a facility. Some additional information.

The Intersocietal Commission for the Accreditation of Echocardiographic Laboratories [ICAEL] standards for a TTE report are that it must include comments on the L and R ventricles [size and function], the L and R atria [size], the mitral, aortic, tricuspid and pulmonary valves [structure and function], the pericardium and the aorta. If any of these structures is not evaluated in the report, a limited study [93308] should be reported.

If Doppler add-on codes [93320, 93325] are reported, the interpreting physician should quantify any valvular regurgitation noted and provide a summary of observed blood flow - normal or abnormal. It is best to specifically state that a color flow study was performed and that any regurgitation reported was estimated from the color flow study.

Can you tell me where I can go to find the information you just stated is required documentation for the add ons 93320 and 93325? We have an EMR system in place, and I need to make sure documentation supports the doppler and color flow, and exactly what documentation is needed to justify.
Please help!