• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ & read the forum rules. To view all forums, post or create a new thread, you must be an AAPC Member. If you are a member and have already registered for member area and forum access, you can log in by clicking here. If you've forgotten your username or password use our password reminder tool. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below..
  • Important Note: We will be performing a scheduled maintenance on 1st November 2020. The site will be offline from 7:30PM (MT) till midnight. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

global days on 10060

FDRAPER

Best answers
locating global days

I tried looking for them on the CMS site. Where do I go to look them up?

srinivas r sajja

True Blue
Best answers
1.Download the most current physician fee schedule from the Center for Medicare and Medicaid Services website at www.cms.gov.

2 Find your desired CPT code and look at the "global period" column for its corresponding global period.

3 Use CMS' physician fee schedule search on the website. The application allows you to look up single codes or multiples. On the modifier pull-down bar on the bottom of the page, select "Global."

4 Call the patient's health insurer if you are dealing with a health plan which doesn't mirror CMS global period rules. In that situation, you have to get the answer directly from the provider.

5 Call CMS to order a print version of the physician fee schedule if downloading or online searching isn't comfortable or accessible for you. If you rely on a print schedule from CMS, then you'll need to check regularly for any updates or changes. Online searches will give you the most updated CMS information

Read more: How to Find Global Periods for CPT Codes | eHow.com http://www.ehow.com/how_7642651_global-periods-cpt-codes.html#ixzz214g5j6sz

zoolug

Networker
Best answers
looking up global days

Hi Srinivas,

I remember there being a global days column in the physician fee schedule, but I have downloaded every PFS file I can find and do not see it. It used to have "090", "010", "000" for same day, or "XXX" for n/a.

Thanks,
zoolug