Wiki Gram Positive Cocci Sepsis

rthames052006

True Blue
Local Chapter Officer
Best answers
I've been searching my icd-9 book for a diagnosis code for gram positive cocci sepsis with no luck? Has anyone come across this dx lately?

Thanks,

Type??

I have seen it, accompanied by cultures or other documentation as to which type of "cocci" - Streptococcal, staphococcal, or pneumococcal. Barring that, I would use 038.8, other specified septicemia.

I have seen it, accompanied by cultures or other documentation as to which type of "cocci" - Streptococcal, staphococcal, or pneumococcal. Barring that, I would use 038.8, other specified septicemia.

Thanks Lance-

That is the code I defaulted to yesterday. Unfortunately there was no documention as to the type of cocci. I searched high and low in lab results etc and nothing.

I thank you for your response.

By the way... are you heading to The National Conference in April? I'd love to meet you.

Have a good one

No, not heading there....

Actually, that week I will be closer to home - at a one-day conference in NYC.

Although....we are planning a trip to Gettysburgh for the 150th anniversary of the battle (DW and I are Civil War buffs) and that might be an opportunity to meet.

Actually, that week I will be closer to home - at a one-day conference in NYC.

Although....we are planning a trip to Gettysburgh for the 150th anniversary of the battle (DW and I are Civil War buffs) and that might be an opportunity to meet.

Lance-

Let me know when you're heading my way. Gettysburg is about 20 minutes away.

Thanks,