Wiki Hartmann or mucofistula?

JenReyn99

Guru
Best answers
My doc's notes are sometimes less than wonderful. Please help me decipher this one! Thanks!

....Stool was disimpacted from the rectum as best possible as literally hard as a rock. The laparoscope was placed, and under direct vision it was noted that in the cul-de-sac region, there was a perforation with gray foul-smelling tissue and pus. The sigmoid colon peritoneal reflexion area junction was the site of the perforation, and the colon was mobilized by taking down the mesentery with the LigaSure and divided with the GI stapler. All the stool was then removed from the distal rectal stump by pressing on the staple line and retracting it manually via the rectum, and the stool was removed from the colon after bringing up in colostomy. The colon primarily matured. With Vicryl, the drain was placed at the site of the perforation, brought through a lateral stab incision, sutured to the skin. The patient tolerated the operation well.

I was thinking this looked like Hartmann - 44143, but doc says 44144, and it made me second guess myself. Opinions appreciated. Thanks!

hartmann?

I WAS ACTUALLY THINKING MORE 44145 OR 44146. I WOULD LOOK AT DESCRIPTION FOR THOSE..............HOPE IT HELPS...........I KNOW, MORE DETAILS WOULD HELP.:eek: