• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ & read the forum rules. To view all forums, post or create a new thread, you must be an AAPC Member. If you are a member and have already registered for member area and forum access, you can log in by clicking here. If you've forgotten your username or password use our password reminder tool. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below..
  • Important Note: We will be performing a scheduled maintenance on 30th Nov, 2021. The site will be offline from 8:30PM (MT) till 10:30 PM MT. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

Hello ASC coders. I have a question for you

007CPC

Best answers
I have recently interviewed at an ASC back in January2008 that is recognized as the facility with the highest advanced technology in my state. I was forced to postpone the employment process do to career goals I have been striving to reach, and am planning on continuing the hiring process June 4th- after this college semester is over.
In order to be prepared for the preliminary steps, I know they’re going to render a coding entrance exam. Back in 2006 I interviewed with a different branch in there healthcare organization, and ended up rectifying their CPT coding employee entrance exam for their clinical mythology, but because I was 20 years old and had 11 months experience coding multi-specialty, they decided to choose a CPC who had 10years experience. Hoping their ASC test is as erroneous or the same as their clinical test, I was wondering if Clinical Coding vs. ASC coding is extraordinarily in contrast with relation to CPT and ICD classification systems?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated so I don’t have to spend my last 100$ on ASC coding study material.

Thank you for reading my thread.

Last edited:

mbort

True Blue
Best answers
Just remember that an ASC is a facility, therefore don't forget the implants and x-ray/fluoro (with the TC modifier). I have been in the ASC world for several years now and that is what I see missed the most often.