Wiki Help coding an aortogram!!!!

crhunt78

Guru
Best answers
During a heart cath, an aortogram was performed because the physician was unable to "cannulate the ramus graft." I think that I can use code 76000-59. Does anyone know if this is correct? I was also looking at code 93567.....:confused:

75600-75625

That's the code I meant to type, 75600-59! Is that the correct code to use? The report states, "Next, saphenous vein graft to the distal OM, diagonal and diagonal artery using a standard left bypass diagnostic catheter. Because I was unable to cannulate the ramus graft, an aortogram was performed in the LAO position..." I don't know what the LAO position is...

During a heart cath, an aortogram was performed because the physician was unable to "cannulate the ramus graft." I think that I can use code 76000-59. Does anyone know if this is correct? I was also looking at code 93567.....:confused:

I'm not so sure you can bill anything here. If he's doing the aortogram simply because he can't locate a graft then I don't feel that the aortogram is billable. I believe that would be part of the reimbursement for the vein graft studies....

Jessica CPC, CCC

I'm not so sure you can bill anything here. If he's doing the aortogram simply because he can't locate a graft then I don't feel that the aortogram is billable. I believe that would be part of the reimbursement for the vein graft studies....

Jessica CPC, CCC

Your right on that one Jess, but the code for supervavular aortogram is 93567, when you are looking at the aortic valve.
HTH,
Jim Pawloski, CIRCC