Wiki Help With Abdominal and Pelvic Arteries

drobinson1

Networker
Best answers
A radiologist I code for ordered a CTA of the Abdomen (74175) and a CT of the Pelvis with and without contrast (72194) but the report reads:

CT angiography of the ABDOMEN and PELVIS before and after the uneventful intravenous administration of 100 cc of Omnipaque 350. Coronal, sagittal, three-dimensional reformations were obtained on a dedicated workstation.....

VESSELS: Atherosclerotic changes . There is a large infrarenal fusiform abdominal aortic aneurysm extending over a length of approximately 11.2 cm. The greatest diameter of this aneurysm measures approximately 7.1 x 7.1 cm in diameter. There is a significant amount of mural atherosclerotic plaque and thrombus. No evidence of a dissection. This aneurysm is located approximately 2.1 cm below the level of the inferior most renal artery which is on the left side. It appears to extend to the bifurcation and into the right common iliac artery to its bifurcation. The greatest diameter of the right common iliac artery measures up to approximately 4.1 cm. There is an apparent saccular aneurysm or ulcerated atherosclerotic plaque arising from the mid left common iliac artery measuring approximately 1.1 cm in diameter. The external and internal iliac arteries are otherwise normal caliber and widely patent. The abdominal aorta just above the aneurysm measures approximately 4.2 x 3.1 cm in diameter. This is the level just inferior to the origin of the renal vessels on image #103 of series 5. There is an apparent small ulcerated atherosclerotic plaque seen inferior to the origin of the right main renal artery. There is standard upper abdominal vascular anatomy. There is minimal apparent stenosis of the proximal celiac axis. The SMA appears widely patent. The IMA is not clearly identified and may be occluded. There are single bilateral renal arteries which appear widely patent.

I think per the arteries mentioned it should be a CTA of the Abdomen (74175) and a CTA of the Pelvis (72191). Am I wrong?

CTAs

We do those here also and I would have to agree with you because of the wording...and has it been pre-certified with insurance and need to be changed with them? You have to look into that also or it may not be paid.