Wiki Help

dottymiller

Best answers
I have been a coder for a number of years, and my first and only job was in a production type coding enviroment where the group of physicians had "their own way of coding"! They provided minimal to no education and I was responsible for my own CEU's. I worked very long hours alot of days and was unable to attend the chapter meetings.

I am unemployed and now that I am out in the "real world" looking for a job= I am very concerned about what I know, do not know or remember.

I have been looking for a "tutor", or a refresher course or something -so I feel good enough about my knowledge to get a job.

So far in contacting the AAPC, I have not found any resources that are available to help me in this situation-- I cannot imagine that I am the only person in this position, but where do I turn for help?

:confused:

Last edited:
I have been a coder for a number of years, and my first and only job was in a production type coding enviroment where the group of physicians had "their own way of coding"! They provided minimal to no education and I was responsible for my own CEU's. I worked very long hours alot of days and was unable to attend the chapter meetings.

I am unemployed and now that I am out in the "real world" looking for a job= I am very concerned about what I know, do not know or remember.

I have been looking for a "tutor", or a refresher course or something -so I feel good enough about my knowledge to get a job.

So far in contacting the AAPC, I have not found any resources that are available to help me in this situation-- I cannot imagine that I am the only person in this position, but where do I turn for help?

:confused:

You are probably right , I am sure there are others out there just like you. I would suggest that you turn to Local Chapter and see if there is someone in your Chapter who would be willing to tutor with you. This would be a good chance for someone in your chapter to mentor you and also a great networking experience for both. Hope this helps you some.;)

Good luck in your quest; I'm not sure what area you live in but check out this resource
cpc solutions inc. I took a coding boot camp class sponsored by this company and it was great.:)