• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ & read the forum rules. To view all forums, post or create a new thread, you must be an AAPC Member. If you are a member and have already registered for member area and forum access, you can log in by clicking here. If you've forgotten your username or password use our password reminder tool. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below..
  • Important Note: We will be performing a scheduled maintenance on 1st November 2020. The site will be offline from 7:30PM (MT) till midnight. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

Hemorrhage in early pregnancy

prem_ponnuru

Networker
Best answers
Hello everyone,

Hoping someone can help me. medicare denied 76815 billed with 640.93. when I cross checked in the encoder it is not covered but 640.90 is covered and found 641.93 is covered with 76856 it is really confusing me because as per my knowledge 76856 is a non ob code :confused:

can anybody give the reason ?

Thx to all who can help me.

Prem.

bremo

Best answers
I wish I could help you but maybe it was because it's unspecified. I would recode it with 641.93 and refile the claim and see if it gets paid. HTH!!!

prem_ponnuru

Networker
Best answers
Hemorrhage before 22 weeks

640.93 is for the hemorrhage before 22 weeks' of gestation. How can we code 641.93 as it is for after 22 weeks.

My question is why 640.90 (an unspecified code is) is covered and antepartum code is not covered and I found 76856 covers 641.93

thx for all the input

prem.

Last edited: