Wiki I am wondering if anybody knows if I can charge for a BCID2 Panel using CPT 87154 x3 for each component tested (yeast, GNB, GPC) or if it is 87154 x1.

Best answers
I am wondering if anybody knows if I can charge for a BCID2 Panel using CPT 87154 x3 for each component tested (yeast, GNB, GPC) or if it is 87154 x1.

leann.steggs@dhha.org,​

I have a few questions. Was this testing performed "in house" or "elsewhere = send out to lets just say a send out to the Mayo laboratory or otherwise"?
I'm purely guessing it was probably done in house; otherwise you would have the other facility's invoice they sent you to assist you with posting those charges.
Which facility do you work for? No, I'm not being nosey but simply trying to direct your intentions to possible resources you may need. Knock on wood; but most facilities I work for have a laboratory catalog. Have you researched the facility that this testing was performed at and searched for their laboratory catalog. Typically they provide the CPT codes and the "recommended" codes if a test or test(s) was reflexed. This may provide some of the guidance for CPT assignment you are looking for.
Thank you for listening and have a fantastic evening,
Dana Chock, CPC, CANPC, CHONC, CPMA, CPB, RHIT