• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ & read the forum rules. To view all forums, post or create a new thread, you must be an AAPC Member. If you are a member and have already registered for member area and forum access, you can log in by clicking here. If you've forgotten your username or password use our password reminder tool. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below..
  • Important Note: We will be performing a scheduled maintenance on 1st November 2020. The site will be offline from 7:30PM (MT) till midnight. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

icd 10 books

smaher82

Guru
Best answers
Hi

I recently saw that the aapc is saying icd 10 books are now available. Im confused. I thought the codes still werent finalized. Is it worth it to purchase the books are should we wait til the official books are released?

ps anyone who is taking the a & p class how long do you have to complete the course?
Thanks

mitchellde

True Blue
Best answers
the codes are finalized and the books are official they are just labeled the official draft edition. The codes are now partially frozen for ICD-9 CM and ICD-10 CM, therefore when the 2012 ICD-10 CM is released (as a draft) then that will be final revision until oct 2014. There were only a few minor revisions from 2011 to 2012, mainly just to add a few new codes to stay instep with new dx codes added to ICD-9 CM 2012.

JudyW

True Blue
Best answers
Hi

I recently saw that the aapc is saying icd 10 books are now available. Im confused. I thought the codes still werent finalized. Is it worth it to purchase the books are should we wait til the official books are released?

ps anyone who is taking the a & p class how long do you have to complete the course?
Thanks
First question has been answered. On your second question about the A&P through AAPC. It is 16 modules and it is taken at your own pace. Hope that helps. It has power points and audio and print outs for each module. I thought it was very interesting and a great refresher on the A&P.:)