• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ & read the forum rules. To view all forums, post or create a new thread, you must be an AAPC Member. If you are a member and have already registered for member area and forum access, you can log in by clicking here. If you've forgotten your username or password use our password reminder tool. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below..
  • Important Note: We will be performing a scheduled maintenance on 1st November 2020. The site will be offline from 7:30PM (MT) till midnight. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

ICD10 CM Case sensitive

dmclay

New
Best answers
Are the filler and alpha characters in the ICD10 cm codes upper or lower case? Is there a rule ?
example
T47.1x3a
T47.1X3A
T47.1x3A

dmclay

New
Best answers
Thank you, I have an Ingenix Draft 2011 book and could not find it in the guidelines. Can you tell me the source of the guidelines you are referencing?

mitchellde

True Blue
Best answers
I am sorry my bad, it was not from the guidelines it was thru a different source I found that , but it was either the AAPC or CMS or CDC that I found that since those are the only resource I use for the info.
What I found was a chart that listed side by side the differences between ICD-9 and 10 and it was in this chart that stated the Alphas are not case sensitive.