If you like Polar bears this coding job is for you!

mcsluyter

Guru
Best answers
One of our registered HIM providers is looking to fill an onsite position in Barrow, Alaska. If you are qualified and considering an exciting once in a lifetime opportunity please contact employer directly.

Samuel Simmonds Memorial Hospital

Certification requirements one or more

CIC, CCA, CCS, CCS-P

Specialty Requirements

Out-Patient, In-Patient, ER, Eval & Mngmt, Obstetric
Years of Experience: < 2 years, 2 - 5 years, 5+ years
Onsite
Barrow, Alaska

Description
Looking for in-house coders.*Workload could consist of inpatient, observation, ER, specialty clinics, or primary care visits.*Must be willing to take direction from Lead Coder.*Coders are also responsible for their own data entry on most clinics.
For more information - please contact Brianne at 907-852-9354.

Please be sure to check out all employment listings at CodersDirect.com and if you are a coder looking for employment please be sure to register for FREE.

Mark
Msluyter@CodersDirect.com

Last edited:
Best answers
Barrow!

I have no experience but just passed my CPC exam with an 89. Do you think they would ever consider me? I have wanted to live in Barrow since 2012!

CodingKing

True Blue
Best answers
I have no experience but just passed my CPC exam with an 89. Do you think they would ever consider me? I have wanted to live in Barrow since 2012!

Probably not but I doubt there is much demand up there so you never know. I've been to Barrow once and that is enough. Considering its at or below freezing even during the summer (when the wind is strong enough to keep the bird sized mosquitos out of the way) I just don't see anyone relocating there for the job.