Wiki Ifuse Implant

mls5502

Contributor
Best answers
What codes would be used for the Ifuse implant system when doing a sacroiliac fusion???? I have looked at the reimbusement guidelines from the SI-Bone website and it has 27280, 22899, and 77003. These just do not seem correct to me as this is a minimally invasive surgery and the 27280 is not minimally invasive so my thinking would be to use the 22899 with the 27280 as the comparison code. Any input on this would be greatly appreciated as our practice has just started doing these procedures. :confused::confused:

What codes would be used for the Ifuse implant system when doing a sacroiliac fusion???? I have looked at the reimbusement guidelines from the SI-Bone website and it has 27280, 22899, and 77003. These just do not seem correct to me as this is a minimally invasive surgery and the 27280 is not minimally invasive so my thinking would be to use the 22899 with the 27280 as the comparison code. Any input on this would be greatly appreciated as our practice has just started doing these procedures. :confused::confused:

I think you are right. This is a new procedure and the 27280 code does not fit the description. (I looked up the website for the Ifuse implant and compared that surgical description to the code.) I would use the unlisted code to report the procedure.