Wiki In need of spine surgery icd-9/cpt cheatsheets

ramirez827

Best answers
Hello All-
A Spine surgeon just recently joined my general ortho practice. Wondering if anyone out there has some good reference cheat sheets for surgery scheduling/coding/
:)

I can also send what we use, but our cheat sheet only has CPT codes, not ICD9. Also, if your office doesn't already have it, I highly recommend the Ingenix Coding Companion for Neurosurgery, which would include the ICD9 codes for each procedure, and would be a great investment if you're not familiar with spine coding.
:D

I see that this post is very old, but would you still be willing to send out those neurosurgery cheat sheets to me? I am totally new to this specialty and could use all the help I can get! Thanks so much!

Meagan,
Do you still have neurosurgery cheat sheets that you wouldn't mind sharing?

Could I also get a copy of each, lol. Might as well join the bandwagon as I code for spinal surgeries and could use all the help I can get. Thanks!!

Hi

If you all is looking for help with your surgery coding I would definitely suggest the Coding Companion as well as a website call Medtronic. Neurosurgeons use a lot of their products for the fusion cases and etc. I would also recommend the AAPC CPT Coding Expert.