Wiki Incision and drainage of scrotal abscess, placement of VAC dressing

Miko24

Guru
Best answers
Pre and postoperative diagnosis: Scrotal abscess

Procedure: Incision and drainage of scrotal abscess, placement of VAC dressing

He provided informed consent was placed under anesthesia in dorsal lithotomy. He was prepped and draped. Abnormal skin was excised at both sites. There were a few small actual pockets of purulence but for the most part it was edematous tissue that was purulent. There was a channel that could be connected between the 2 sites of excision of the skin. There was a small amount of tracking posteriorly as well as a short amount of tracking to the left upper scrotum. No large pockets of purulence were encountered. Scrotal contents were not exposed. A few bleeders were encountered which were cauterized with good effect. The was irrigated with gentamicin solution. I excised some of the necrotic tissue on the surface as much as possible. I then elected to leave a VAC dressing. This was cut into 2 pieces. One was placed posteriorly and 1 in the main incision. I used 0 Vicryl to help partially reapproximate this wound edges to help with the adhesive layer. The lower a pop was used to prep the skin after shaving and I applied the adhesive later across the wound. The suction disc was placed. Suction was turned on. No leak was detected. There were a few spots where it looked as though the edge of the adhesive layer was bunched up and I reinforced those spots. The posterior incision came fairly close to the anus. I was able to make the application there however. He was then awakened and taken recovery in good condition. There are no complications and he tolerated the procedure well. All counts were correct. Wound VAC showed no evidence of leak at the end of the case.

I am thinking 55100 possibly 11004 and then the VAC placement of 97605???