• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ & read the forum rules. To view all forums, post or create a new thread, you must be an AAPC Member. If you are a member and have already registered for member area and forum access, you can log in by clicking here. If you've forgotten your username or password use our password reminder tool. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • We're introducing new features and a new look to make the forums easier to use and more valuable to you. See what's new and let us know what you think!

Infusion Dictation

rsinoben

Contributor
Best answers
Can anyone point me towards a document with official rules for whats needed to legally bill an infusion. All of a sudden I have providers that do not want to dictate their normal infusion note. They are suggesting that if a nurse documents a conversation between themselves and a doctor that that is enough to bill. It is also being suggested that if I receive an order from a provider that DOES NOT work for our clinic, that that is also enough to bill an infusion. I err on the side of...documentation of a conversation is NOT enough and how am I going to bill for pur practice based upon what a different doctor in a whole different city states? Thoughts?