• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ & read the forum rules. To view all forums, post or create a new thread, you must be an AAPC Member. If you are a member and have already registered for member area and forum access, you can log in by clicking here. If you've forgotten your username or password use our password reminder tool. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • We're introducing new features and a new look to make the forums easier to use and more valuable to you. See what's new and let us know what you think!

Injection Fee Opinions Please

molisa

Best answers
A few years ago I was told that it wasn't cool to add an injection fee (96372) to an office visit when the medication injected was directly related to the reason/dx for the visit; that it was unbundling (i.e., the patient comes in for bronchitis and is given Rocephin). We do use the injection fee if a patient normally receives ongoing B12 or testosterone, and has a visit (with -25 added), for a condition unrelated to the injection given, or when the patient comes in only for an injection.
Now I've been hearing to add 96372 anytime there is an injection and add -25 to the E/M. That doesn't sound "significant and separately identifiable" to me, or am I over-analyzing this whole thing? It would be great to be able to get a few more $$ since they allow practically nothing for the meds.
:confused: