Wiki Insurance delays

pchamp25

Networker
Best answers
I was wondering if anyone has noticed a delay in receiving payments from insurance companies since the start of the new year. I work in the north east and we have a lot of claims 30 days out (and more) that are still pending for payment. If anyone else is seeing this pattern, does anyone know why there is such a delay all of a sudden?
TIA

I was wondering if anyone has noticed a delay in receiving payments from insurance companies since the start of the new year. I work in the north east and we have a lot of claims 30 days out (and more) that are still pending for payment. If anyone else is seeing this pattern, does anyone know why there is such a delay all of a sudden?
TIA

In my experience, it's not unusual to see some delays after the first of the year as insurance companies update systems to reflect any contractual rate increases and/or coding changes.

(January 1st is a common time for insurance contracts to have an automatic rate adjustment built-in to the contract language.)

Whether or not that's the specific issue you're having right now, I'm not sure.

TIA

Yes! And it is driving me crazy! Medicare usually pays within two weeks and i see a delay. Ditto with BCBS. As well we are receiving ADR letters and more records request than we normally do.