• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ & read the forum rules. To view all forums, post or create a new thread, you must be an AAPC Member. If you are a member and have already registered for member area and forum access, you can log in by clicking here. If you've forgotten your username or password use our password reminder tool. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below..
  • Important Note: We will be performing a scheduled maintenance on 1st November 2020. The site will be offline from 7:30PM (MT) till midnight. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

Insurance denied

Jarant

Best answers
Can anyone help me. I billed 00160 and 00170 and the insurance denied the 00170 as this charge can not be paid , the claim reimburses for delivery of anesthesia is based on only one of the procedures submitted. I am new at anesthesia. So any help would good.

Thanks,
Jenny

jdrueppel

Expert
Best answers
For anesthesia billing you bill for the highest base unit valued code with total time for multiple surgeries occuring during the same operative setting. If you are actually billing for two separate anesthesia services (at different times of the day) then you would need to bill each service with the actual time for each and add the -59 modifier to the second service or lesser charge amt service.

Send me a private message with your contact info if you have general questions.

Julie D, CPC