Interview questions

zizdreli

New
Best answers
What coding interview questions have you all been getting in your interviews lately? Haven't been to an interview for a while so Im wondering what to expect. Other than star related questions, what specific coding questions have you all gotten that you remember? Like do they ask you "what are the guidelines of such and such" "explain NCCI edits" etc... Any info would be helpful. Thank you

kimberlywatson

Networker
Best answers
For the few that I've had, they stayed pretty general. I was asked the steps I take and the resources I use to code a service. One interview asked me about high risk procedures for the specialty I was interviewing for (i.e. which surgeries tend to be coded incorrectly - like shoulder surgeries for orthopedics). Overall though, most employers want to know more about your experience and the amount of coding you've done versus quizzing you on details. As a tip: if they do ask you a specific coding question and you're stumped, try suggesting where you would find the answer. Example: "I'm not sure, but if presented with that scenario, I would consult the CMS website for guidance on that." or "I'm not 100% familiar with that, but I use EncoderPro as a resource when coding".

Hope that helps! Best of luck :)