Wiki Interview request for coding professionals-$200 honorarium

frbowie

Best answers
Dear AAPC membership,

My name is Alfred Bowie and I'm a member of AAPC, and a healthcare consultant with BCG. I am working on a project to understand medical biller/coder preferences in CPT coding. I am interested in speaking with coders who have experience with CPT coding in small and large office based practices, as well as hospital settings.

We will provide interviewees with an honorarium of $200 in appreciation for your time. Thanks in advance.

If you are interested in participating, please respond to the screening questions below. My contact information is cptcodinginfo@gmail.com. I look forward to speaking with you.

Best,
Freddie

1. Please describe your experience in medical billing and coding.

How many years of experience?

What sites of care do you work in? (eg. Small private practice, Large private practice, 200 bed community hospital, 500 bed academic medical center, etc)

2. Which CPT coding resources and brand do you use? Why? (AMA vs Ingenix vs PMIC? vs Other)

3. Which type of CPT products do you use: print book, software, or online based CPT coding resource?

4. If you use coding software which software product and format do you use? (Ingenix online vs AMA CD-ROM, etc?)

5. What are some dates and times when you'd be available to speak this week?

interview

Hi my name is Elysabeth and i'm a cpc, cpc-h coder since 2006. I worked 11 years in billing and coding. I'm a contractor and work for a medical practice specialized in pain management. i use ama, cms, highmarkmedicare, pain management community software to have last update in cpt. I don t know if my experience will interest you just let me know.
Elysabeth
my email is felysabeth@yahoo.fr

Hi, My name is Georgia. I currently have three years experience in coding in a hospital setting. I work with outpatient and inpatient coding. I use 3M coding software and references. Also, use Ingenix coding books for reference. I'm not sure if I would be of help to you but am willing to try. my email is gperry@emanuelmedical.org.

Interview opportunity

Dear AAPC membership,

My name is Alfred Bowie and I'm a member of AAPC, and a healthcare consultant with BCG. I am working on a project to understand medical biller/coder preferences in CPT coding. I am interested in speaking with coders who have experience with CPT coding in small and large office based practices, as well as hospital settings.

We will provide interviewees with an honorarium of $200 in appreciation for your time. Thanks in advance.

If you are interested in participating, please respond to the screening questions below. My contact information is cptcodinginfo@gmail.com. I look forward to speaking with you.

Best,
Freddie

Hi My Name is Donna and I have worked in a hospital setting for the past 2.5 years coding outpatient lab, path, radiology and also E.D. coding...CPT/ICD 9 procedural codes

How many years of experience? Medical Billing 10 years Outpatient Coding Coder 1 & 2 for a nj hospital 2.5 years

What sites of care do you work in? (eg. Small private practice, Large private practice, 200 bed community hospital, 500 bed academic medical center, etc)

2. Which CPT coding resources and brand do you use? Why? (AMA vs Ingenix vs PMIC? vs Other) AMA resource book CPT/ICD9 Coding Books

3. Which type of CPT products do you use: print book, software, or online based CPT coding resource? 3M software coding resources

4. If you use coding software which software product and format do you use? (Ingenix online vs AMA CD-ROM, etc?) Ingenix/AMA 3M software

5. What are some dates and times when you’d be available to speak this week?
Thurs/Friday....dsimba2002@comcast.net

Last edited:
CPC, CPC-H various expereince

Formally 9 years (informally, about 20)

Small practice, large practice, billing service & auto insurance

2. Which CPT coding resources and brand do you use? Why? (AMA vs Ingenix vs PMIC? vs Other)

AMA only

3. Which type of CPT products do you use: print book, software, or online based CPT coding resource?

Print book, but have to teach how to use online/software

4. If you use coding software which software product and format do you use? (Ingenix online vs AMA CD-ROM, etc?)

Encoder

5. What are some dates and times when you'd be available to speak this week?[/QUOTE]

any. 863-307-9352 (cell)

1. I have been billing and coding for over 7 years. Initially with specialty physician (ortho, gi) but currently (last 2 years) code for 2 multi-specialty ambulatory surgery centers and one ortho/plastic surgeon.
2. I choose the AMA professional coders because we used to use Ingenix, but found out they while they use the same data put out by the AMA, they change it, reword it and put in information not necessarily needed. Also, our practice follows one set of guidelines -- AMA so it just makes sense to use the tools put out by them.
3. Mainly, books, but also subscribe to CPT assistant, gastro coding, ortho coding, ophthalmology coding subscriptions, also use flash code and use the Medicare site for LCD's for our area.
4. flashcode
5. email is best, but can be reached at 702-589-4908 (las vegas) 7:30 - 2 pm
cwalder@promednv.com

I initially worked at a 44 bed hospital as a medical records clerk. It was a 3 person office so I dealt with all aspects of the Medical Record including coding. Currently I work at a large teaching facility and I have coded inpatient(all specialties), outpatient, emergency records. I currently code for Radiology services.

>30 years

500 bed academic medical center

AMA

Print book: CPT-AMA; Coding Strategies, Inc(CSI) reference for Diagnostic Radiology.
Software: Ingenix Coder's Desk Reference for Procedures; CPT Assistant

3M

5. What are some dates and times when you'd be available to speak this week?
At your convenience:
reneemichelles@yahoo.com

Has anyone heard from this group? It appears several of us were interested, but thus far, I've heard absolutely nothing.

Any input or updates from others?

Kevin,

I emailed him as requested and rec'd an email back asking me to speak with him the following Monday. He would send a call in number. I never heard back. I emailed two more times and have not heard back either?!?!?!?!:eek:

Last edited:

How many years of experience? 23

What sites of care do you work in? (eg. Small private practice, Large private practice, 200 bed community hospital, 500 bed academic medical center, etc) All of my experience is hospital based but has included suburban and city hospitals.

2. Which CPT coding resources and brand do you use? Why? (AMA vs Ingenix vs PMIC? vs Other) Usually AMA or Ingenix; books are provided by employer.

3. Which type of CPT products do you use: print book, software, or online based CPT coding resource? print book; occasionally on line resource.

4. If you use coding software which software product and format do you use? (Ingenix online vs AMA CD-ROM, etc?) n/a

5. What are some dates and times when you’d be available to speak this week?
Any evening except Thursday; most of the weekend except for Sunday from 8-1. Please email me first (jflrd425@aol.com) so I can make sure that my phone is on.

he emailed me back a couple of times and said he would call the following day but never did. i emailed him back as well and never heard anything back.

$200 honorarium

Anyone getting the $200 honorarium? He's getting all his answers posted online from most of the respondants; is he coming thru and paying afterwards? This doesn't quite make sense to me.

:confused:

Susan R, CPC, CPMA, CEMC

I sent him a private message, he reposnded to me that same day with a conference call # and ID for the call. We spoke for over an hour in great detail, its much more than just posting replies to his questions. He took all my information regarding payment and told me that the check would arrive wtihin 4-6 weeks. Its only been 4 weeks and i have heard from him since our conversation so i am not too worried.

will keep you posted as to when i get the payment.