Wiki job search words

MarciaH

Best answers
Hello all!
Is anyone having as much trouble as I am searching for a biller/coder position on some of these job sites? I enter my state, job radius (I've used 100 miles), then it wants key words to search for and a category. Key search words I've used have been coder, biller, medical coder, medical biller and for categories I've chosen Healthcare, Human Resources, Information technology and Insurance. It don't matter what combination I use, I can never find any jobs posted. Is there a lack of coder/biller positions or am I just not searching correctly?

I understand our economy is bad (I'm in Michigan) but there has to be some jobs posted.

Anyone else have this problem when searching for a job?

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Hi Marcia,
You may want to target specific businesses (eg: hospitals, physician practices, clinics, insurance companies, etc.) and go directly to their websites and see what openings they have. I have found more job postings that way.

I have also found that doing general searches on websites like CareerBuilder, Monster, etc. do bring up much in the way of jobs. Most companies do not even advertise on those type of websites, especially if they have their own website.

Also, networking may bring up something too.

Hope this helps.

Kim

Last edited: