• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ & read the forum rules. To view all forums, post or create a new thread, you must be an AAPC Member. If you are a member and have already registered for member area and forum access, you can log in by clicking here. If you've forgotten your username or password use our password reminder tool. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below..
  • Important Note: We will be performing a scheduled maintenance on 30th Nov, 2021. The site will be offline from 8:30PM (MT) till 10:30 PM MT. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

Kids trouble!

schacko

Networker
Best answers
Hello!

Please suggest how would you code the following diagnosis:

1) Patient with Gross motor delay/hypotonia
2) Candidal diaper rash : Do we need to code diaper rash and cutaneous candidiasis or just cut. candidiasis.
3) 7 day old infant is brought to clinic. History - no concerns, breast feeding formula feeding, wet diapers and birth weight are documented. No physical exam done. In the assessment - navel clear and dry - no redness or oozing noted, color pink and skin warm and dry. Plan - continue on current feeding schedule. May increase formula as needed. Suggest a suitable diagnosis code for this kind of visit.

rthames052006

True Blue
Local Chapter Officer
Best answers
Hello!

Please suggest how would you code the following diagnosis:

1) Patient with Gross motor delay/hypotonia
2) Candidal diaper rash : Do we need to code diaper rash and cutaneous candidiasis or just cut. candidiasis.
3) 7 day old infant is brought to clinic. History - no concerns, breast feeding formula feeding, wet diapers and birth weight are documented. No physical exam done. In the assessment - navel clear and dry - no redness or oozing noted, color pink and skin warm and dry. Plan - continue on current feeding schedule. May increase formula as needed. Suggest a suitable diagnosis code for this kind of visit.

Hello....

After reviewing your questions I will "try" to help you out as best as I can. In the first scenerio I would use 781.3 as the dx

In scenerio 2 I would use a code for the diaper rash and the candidal, in my opinion using both codes would clearly describe the issue.

In scenerio 3. I think you do actually have an exam where physician states about the navel clear and dry , no redness or oozing, color pink and skin warm and dry, I would count it as skin. Do you know why the appt was scheduled it sounds like "well infant/child visit to me. I'd use a V-code .

Now this is just my opinion, I don't code for peds currently but will be in less than two weeks. Hopefully someone who codes it currently will see this message and maybe "correct me" on that one.

Have a good day.

schacko

Networker
Best answers
Hello Roxane,,Thanks for trying to help me..I appreciate it..!!

For scenario 3 - I wanted to clarify is it appropriate to assign V20.1. If anyone could help!