Wiki Local Chaper Officer

tobester

Contributor
Best answers
Hello,
Can anyone tell me how I go about becoming an officer? I am a CPC and I have 10 years of medical experience and I am currently back in school to obtain my BSBA in Healthcare Management. I am looking to gain more leadership experience. Let me know if anyone knows anything.

Thank you,

Tobie Day CPC

I think it is great that you are looking to become a local chapter officer. The first thing I would suggest is for you to read the local chapter handbook and decide which officer position you would like to hold. Get to know your current officers of your chapter and look to them as a mentor to learn the positon. At the end of the year when it is time for elections you can self nominate yourself for whichever role you decide you would like to be in. Good luck I have been past president of my local chapter officer and would recommend this position to anyone who has an interest in professional growth.

I found an intrest in Aug 2008

Now I am Ed Officer. They welcomed me with open arms, I had never even known about the chapter. Its a great networking oprotunity for anyone.

Being an officer

It is really great that you are willing and WANTING to serve in as an officer for your chapter! As an officer, I sure wish there were more like you!

Check the current list of officers under your local chapter. Sometimes there are vacancies in positions not able to be filled. You may find your chapter needs you today!

I appreciate your willingness to serve!

Good luck!
Freda
Savannah, GA chapter