• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ & read the forum rules. To view all forums, post or create a new thread, you must be an AAPC Member. If you are a member and have already registered for member area and forum access, you can log in by clicking here. If you've forgotten your username or password use our password reminder tool. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below..
  • Important Note: We will be performing a scheduled maintenance on 1st November 2020. The site will be offline from 7:30PM (MT) till midnight. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

Mammo's

rflores

New
Best answers
I work for an outpatient Radiology clinic . I was just told by our billing office that I am not suppose to use RT or LT modifier when coding GO206B which is a unilateral mammo . I have always identified which breast we are x-raying and now I am told otherwise . If anyone knows where I can find this information out please let me know . Thank you very much.

phklein

Best answers
I work in Brst Rad coding and always put the anatomical modifier on unilateral diagnostic mammograms EXCEPT for Medicaid. They will not accept a modifier on G0206 other than TC or 26.

Unless your billers tell you that it is a problem w/ a particular insurance, I can't imagine why they wouldn't want this. I also work A/R for this area and never see denials for having the RT/LT modifer on (except as noted for Medicaid).

P.S. I hope the B at the end of your G0206 in your message was a typo.