Wiki Medical coder with a strong billing background Long Island NY

Best answers
Frank Marchese CPC
15 Olive Road Mastic Beach, NY 11951 Home: 631-399-2945 Cell 631-745-5046

Objective:
Obtain a position within a hospital, doctors office or work remotely where I can maximize my coding and billing skills, quality assurance, program development, and strong work ethic.

Employment/Professional Experience:
PC Advantage, Center Moriches NY Billing Account Manager 07/10-Present
• Codes procedures and diagnosis correctly from doctors abstract notes for several specialties such as, evaluation/management, anesthesia, pain management, orthopedics and plastic surgery
• Posts entries, charges, payments, and adjustments as professional services are rendered
• Observes policies and procedures related to confidentiality, medical records, and all professional liability matters in a physician's office practice
• Workers comp C4 forms and No fault claims
• Inserts data on insurance claims accurately
• Maintain a clean accounts receivable report
• Obtain pre-authorization for surgical services
MBS Billing Services, South Setauket NY Billing Account Manager 08/09-06/10
• Codes procedures and diagnosis correctly from doctors abstract notes for several specialties such as, orthopedics, primary care doctor and some OBGYN
• Posts entries, charges, payments, and adjustments as professional services are rendered
• Observes policies and procedures related to confidentiality, medical records, and all professional liability matters in a physician's office practice
• Workers comp C4 forms and No fault claims
• Inserts data on insurance claims accurately
• Maintain a clean accounts receivable report
North Shore Orthopedic, Smithtown, NY Check out Clerk 03/08-08/09
• Schedules and re-schedule appointment
• Collect copayments
• Exhibits an understanding of ethical and medico-legal responsibilities related to protecting the patient, physician, and business
Island Home Care Agency, Patchogue, NY Staffing Coordinator 10/07-01/08
• Staffed nurses in patient homes for in home nursing
• Kept up on the nurses credentials
• Helped recruit new nurses
EDUCATION

Hunter Business School, Medford New York 04/07-09/07
Medical Office Administration Diploma, Attendance & Academic Honors
• Student Council President Mentored/Tutored Maintained Perfect 4.0 GPA
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE

Billing Protocols ICD/CPT Coding Medicare Guidelines
MS Office Doctor credentialing Medicare 855i forms
Aging reports Type 40+ wpm EMR
Medical Manager HIPAA Guidelines Medical Terminology

Hi Frank,

I have a potential opportunity for you to work in a multi-specialty health care clinic in Brooklyn. We specialize in acute rehab and urgent care. We are in the process of implementing a new EHR system. You would need to be familiar with billing no-fault and workers comp as well as third party insurances. If you are interested please give me a call at 718-240-2644 between 12pm - 7pm to discuss further or email me at contact@urgentcareinbrooklyn.com.

Best,

Mohamed Salem, CPC
Administrative Director