• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ & read the forum rules. To view all forums, post or create a new thread, you must be an AAPC Member. If you are a member and have already registered for member area and forum access, you can log in by clicking here. If you've forgotten your username or password use our password reminder tool. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • We're introducing new features and a new look to make the forums easier to use and more valuable to you. See what's new and let us know what you think!

Medical Decision Making - When coding a level

Love Coding!

Expert
Best answers
Hi out there, need help!! What is the rule for this...

Established pt

History and Exam, History and MDM or Exam and MDM? When coding a level of service which do you use?

Thanks!

Denise :confused:

rthames052006

True Blue
Local Chapter Officer
Best answers
Hi out there, need help!! What is the rule for this...

Established pt

History and Exam, History and MDM or Exam and MDM? When coding a level of service which do you use?

Thanks!

Denise :confused:
You only need 2 of the components for established and techincally it doesn't matter which 2 you use, as long as they meet/exceed in atleast 2 of them.

Now medically necessity is another issue.

Love Coding!

Expert
Best answers
Medical Necessity?

Thanks for responding, I gave kudos with my last entry. I greatly appreciate it. Can you elaborate on the medical necessity?

Thanks! :eek: