• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ & read the forum rules. To view all forums, post or create a new thread, you must be an AAPC Member. If you are a member and have already registered for member area and forum access, you can log in by clicking here. If you've forgotten your username or password use our password reminder tool. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • We're introducing new features and a new look to make the forums easier to use and more valuable to you. See what's new and let us know what you think!

Much needed help please!!

LindseyR

Networker
Best answers
OKAY.
MY DOCTORS OP NOTE TO SUM IT UP SAYS THE FOLLOWING:

D&C WAS DONE FIRST
FOLLOWED BY ESSURE BEING PLACED
THEN THE DECISION TO PROCEED WITH THERMACHOICE ABLATION WAS MADE

I KNOW THAT THE D&C IS INCLUDED IN THE ABLATION WITH CODE 58563
CAN I CODE ESSURE 58565 WITH 58563 ?? IT JUST DOESNT LOOK RIGHT TO ME.. .HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!:confused:

valleyobgynut

Networker
Best answers
Yes, you can bill those together. They are two seperate procedures. One is for steralization and the other usually for menorrhagia. My docs do these bolth together all the time. I bill 58565 then 58563 with a 51. I have never had problems getting these paid unless of course it is not a covered benefit under the patients plan. Hope that helps good luck :)