Wiki Multiple lesions 7 arm 13 on other

ASC CODER

True Blue
Best answers
The patient was brought to the operating room, where after identification of the patient and planned procedure, general anesthesia was induced in the supine position with both arms extended. Both forearms and upper arms were prepped and draped in the usual manner and the left arm was addressed first. Previously identified sites of symptomatic subcutaneous masses were identified and separate transverse incisions were made over the marked sites. Lipomas were removed from each of the incisions, numbering 7 on the left arm. All of the incisions are closed after hemostasis is achieved with electrocautery, using intracuticular 4-0 Vicryl. A sterile pad dressings are applied to each site and the arm was wrapped with Kerlix roll and an Ace wrap to keep the dressings in place. Attention then turned to the right arm where a similar approach resected a total of 13 lipomas from separate incisions on the right arm. Again these incisions are closed separately with intracuticular Vicryl, and dressings are applied as described above. A total of 20 lipomas were removed, ranging in size from 1.5-4 cm. Patient is awakened from her anesthetic having tolerated the procedure well. There were no intraoperative complications and estimated blood loss is minimal. She was transferred to recovery area in satisfactory condition.

This is a Medicare Patient. so depending on the size do I bill
11402 however many times we have size 1.5 cm
11406 however many times we have size 4.0 cm

or do I bill 11402 x 7 (guessing don't have that info yet)
11406 x13 ( again guessing I don't have that info yet)
I am confused because I might have 10 lines???? I would appreciate some insite on this one. I will be requesting for the individual sizes before I bill.
This is for the surgery center

The codes you need to look at are 24075, 24071, 25075, 25071. These codes are new for 2010 and are used for subcutaneous masses like lipomas. As you will see, they are seperated by upper arm/elbow and forearm/wrist, so you will need to find out how many both by that and R vs L, keeping in mind that you can bill bilaterally. Given the large number of subcutaneous masses mentioned in the report, it may be necessary to bill with the operative report attached.

is there any restrictions to how many times we can bill the codes?

Last edited: