Wiki need dx help

ohn0disaster

Best answers
I have a patient that has mild memory loss due to status post basal ganglia intracranial hemorrhage. I'm trying to make certain that I'm assigning the right codes, as this patient is a capped member, reimbursement being HCC based and one of my codes are MRA.

Doctor states: "Status post basal ganglia intracranial hemorrhage, at present with no significant deficit, except mild memory loss"

My thoughts were to assign 438.89, for the s/p intracranial hemorrhage, and 310.8, for the mild memory loss.

Anyone disagree with these codes? If so, could you explain why and give me the alternatives? I'd really appreciate the feedback. Thanks!

I have a patient that has mild memory loss due to status post basal ganglia intracranial hemorrhage. I'm trying to make certain that I'm assigning the right codes, as this patient is a capped member, reimbursement being HCC based and one of my codes are MRA.

Doctor states: "Status post basal ganglia intracranial hemorrhage, at present with no significant deficit, except mild memory loss"

My thoughts were to assign 438.89, for the s/p intracranial hemorrhage, and 310.8, for the mild memory loss.

Anyone disagree with these codes? If so, could you explain why and give me the alternatives? I'd really appreciate the feedback. Thanks!

I would have come up with the same answer.:)