• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ & read the forum rules. To view all forums, post or create a new thread, you must be an AAPC Member. If you are a member and have already registered for member area and forum access, you can log in by clicking here. If you've forgotten your username or password use our password reminder tool. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below..
  • Important Note: We will be performing a scheduled maintenance on 1st November 2020. The site will be offline from 7:30PM (MT) till midnight. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

Need info on global periods

chelleye

Contributor
Best answers
Hi all, I'm scheduled to take my test on Saturday (2 days!) I am wondering if anyone knows of a resource where I can obtain a list of codes that do nothave a global period attached to them. (For example-I got a question wrong coding a chest tube placement because I used the postop modifier...I did not know that code didn't have a postop period and don't know how to find that info). Thanks in advance!

chelleye

Contributor
Best answers
No, it was either 58 or 78 (can't remember off the top of my head just now). It was a procedure done 4 days after another procedure. At any rate, the answer said there is no global period for chest tube placement.